Tuesday, July 3, 2012

How you can help in an emergency situation.

Today I want to talk about how we can all help others during emergency situations.

There are times in our lives when our minds are wide open and at risk from permanent unwanted changes.

One of these times can be when we are in an accident situation.

At the moment of impact we are in fight or flight mode, meaning our sub conscious mind is open.

First responders have a key role to play for many reasons, of course to give first aid, but what is said at that time can mean the difference between life and death.

If there has been a car accident, a mom driving her two children, will only be worried about them, this is positive because she is not thinking about herself, her focus is elsewhere, however this can also be a negative thing especially if something is wrong.

If she is barely conscious and hears a first responder on the radio updating the other people and she hears, three casualties two of them fatal, she has lost the will to live, knowing the two most precious people in the word are gone is enough to stop her from wanting to live.

Thought provoking and incredibly sad.

I was once a first responder and knowing what I know I was able to calm the driver down, she couldn't move, and could not see her son was ok, he was stunned and could not say anything.

I told her I had called 911 and help was on it's way, in fact we could already hear the sirens and I was able to reassure her that her son was indeed ok, and the air bags had gone off as they should have and everything was going to be ok.

I asked the child to hold his mom's hand which bought them both comfort until they were attended too by the paramedics.

Luckily this was a minor incident, had I been presented with something much worse, I could have given positive suggestions to help slow down blood flow and give support until the paramedics were on scene.

So if you are ever a witness to an accident, please bear this article in mind, it really could help save lives, and even better show someone you care even if you are a stranger.

www.hypnoteyes.me

No comments:

Post a Comment